03 September 2019
Six transport topics under the 2018-2020 Horizon 2020 Work Programme are open for application as of today, 3 September. They make available EU funding of €92 million.
The applicants will have to present project proposals aiming to make European transport safer, cleaner and more resilient.
The projects will be selected for funding in two-stage evaluation.
First, candidates should submit short project proposals by 9 January 2020. They will be then informed within three months after the deadline if they have qualified to the second stage of the selection process.
If so, they will be invited to submit full project proposals by 8 September 2020. The final decision about which projects will receive EU funding will be known by April 2021 at the latest.
The six topics for application are:
- Cities as climate-resilient, connected multimodal nodes for smart and clean mobility; new approaches towards demonstrating and testing innovative solutions
- Decarbonising long distance shipping
- Understanding and mitigating the effects on public health of emerging non-regulated nanoparticle emissions issues and noise
- Enhancing coordination between Member States' actions in the area of infrastructure research with a particular focus on biodiversity and ameliorating environmental impacts and full automated infrastructure upgrade and maintenance
- Network and traffic management for future mobility
- Improving road safety by effectively monitoring working patterns and overall fitness of drivers
Read more / source: