16 November 2018
Transport and environment ministers from across the EU outlined their vision for a new era of clean mobility at a recent summit in Graz (Austria).
The "Graz Declaration" was the result of discussions at the Informal Meeting of Environment and Transport Ministers from 29-30 October, which was held under Austria's Presidency of the Council of the European Union. Under the heading “Starting a new era: clean, safe and affordable mobility for Europe”, the document details the ways in which mobility should help Europe achieve its climate goals for 2030 set out in the Paris Agreement of 2016.
The Declaration outlined the need for further action in five main areas:
- Clean vehicles and decarbonised fuel options;
- Strategies for sustainable mobility management and planning;
- Active mobility to promote health and sustainability;
- Safe and inclusive mobility;
- Multimodality and infrastructure.
Read more / Source: