07 June 2018
Project platforms approved for the first time in Interreg Baltic Sea Region. Kick-Off event planned for October.
Six project platforms were selected by the Monitoring Committee of Interreg Baltic Sea Region at its 9th meeting yesterday in Tallinn. The platforms join efforts of several projects funded by different programmes dealing with transport corridors, rescue actions at the coast and sea, clean shipping, water management, nutrient management and blue bioeconomy. The platforms are a new type of project to capitalise on the results of existing projects.
The project platforms selected in the first call for applications are:
- BSR WATER: Platform on Integrated Water Cooperation (specific objective “Clear waters”)
- SUMANU: Sustainable manure and nutrient management for reduction of nutrient loss in the Baltic Sea Region (specific objective “Clear waters”’)
- Blue Platform: Bioeconomy for Blue Growth in the Baltic Sea Region – a platform project to capitalize on the outputs of complementary transnational projects (specific objective “Blue growth”)
- BSR Access: Access to clean, efficient and multimodal transport corridors in the Baltic Sea Region (specific objective “Interoperability of transport modes”)
- ResQU2: Enhancing durability of learning experiences gained in ChemSAR, HAZARD, DiveSmart Baltic and Mirg-Ex projects on guidelines, operational plans and procedures, and exercises related to incidents at sea and in ports (specific objective “Maritime safety”)
- CSHIPP: Clean Shipping Project Platform (specific objective “Environmentally friendly shipping”)
The Managing Authority/Joint Secretariat is preparing a kick-off event for the platforms’ lead partners to take place in October in Germany. The second call for project platform applications is currently under preparation and is likely to be opened in autumn this year. The project platforms will be featured at the next Programme conference planned for April 2019.